TVCC – FREE TAX SERVICES
Tri-Valley Career Center and VITA program offer FREE TAX ASSISTANCE to individuals and families who earned $75,000 or less in 2021 regardless of age.
The Tri-Valley Career Center’s commitment is to help our community fight against higher paid tax services. In 2022, we will continue with the Drop-off Virtual services, meaning you will be able to leave tax documents with us at the time of the intake interview and come back to collect your return the following week.
Our team of IRS- Certified Volunteer Tax Preparers will help you through the entire process in the preparation of your income taxes. Accurateness is prioritized in our site by having all returns reviewed by a second tax preparer who is a Quality Reviewer.
Because of the continuation of COVID-19 and its variants, we will continue our partnership with Code America’s Get Your Refund platform to work as a drop-off site.
Drop-off services will start on Wednesday, Feb 9th and continuing every Wednesday through April 13th, 2022. Appointments will be made from 9:00AM (first appointment) to 3:00PM (last appointment)
Our new Location:
5860 Owens Dr, 3rd Floor
Pleasanton CA 94588
Feb 9th to April 13th
For questions, please contact us at (925)416-5100
To find a VITA site close to your area, call the United Way helpline by dialing: 2-1-1
A FEW THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
Before arriving to your appointment
- Collect all your documents:
You must provide all the applicable documents to help ensure your taxes are filed accurately. What to Bring
Fill out, print and bring your Interview Intake Form 13614-C Intake/Interview & Quality Review Sheet with all your other applicable tax forms
Please check that you have all the documents that apply to you before your appointment
Make an appointment
- By calling our office 925-416-5100
- Walk-ins are not being permitted at this time due to Covid-19 regulations
For the appointment:
At your first appointment you will drop-off documents, which will take around 30 minutes:
- We must collect personal identification (social security, photo ID or passport, W2, 1099’s and other documents) in order to prepare and quality review your income tax. What to Bring
- You will participate in a vigorous interview to avoid missing information while revising tax forms and must fill out form 13614-C. For faster service you can print and fill out the form by clicking this link: Intake and Quality Review Sheet. If you do not have access to a printer, this form will be provided at the time of your drop-off appointment.
- We will scan all your tax documents for our IRS-certified Tax Preparer volunteers to prepare your income taxes.
- Once your taxes are ready, you will receive a phone call from the quality reviewer and together you will review your return via phone call where you will make a new appointment to pick up and sign form 8879 for your tax return to be e-filed
- You have the final responsibility for the income tax returns and, therefore, you should review them carefully before you sign them.
You must follow the Safety Requirements:
Due to the continuation of COVID19 and new variants, we must follow health restrictions.
- Do not come to your appointment if you or any one in your household is sick (cough, fever and symptoms of flue)
- Do not come to your appointment if you have had contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 10 days
- Wear a face mask at all times, service will be denied if you don’t want to wear a mask
- Keep a safe distance of at least 6 feet apart
OUT OF SCOPE CLIENTS
If your family earned more than $75,000 or your return is out of scope for our VITA site, please use IRS on-line service that lets you prepare your own taxes. The following sources of income are OUT OF SCOPE for our VITA Site. If any of the following applies to you, we won’t be able to prepare your returns.
- Married filing separate
- Foreclosure/ short sale
- Loan modification
- Rental Income
- Self-employment and sole proprietor business with expenses over $25,000 losses, depreciation or home office.
- Sale of stocks acquired by stock options
- Kiddie tax