Looking for work isn’t easy. There is a lot to consider, whether you are anticipating the next step in your current career or switching gears entirely. In addition to positioning yourself well for that next job, the market itself is in a constant state of change, requiring job seekers to keep current on industry trends and practices.
Seeking work can be an overwhelming and sometimes isolating experience. That’s why the Tri-Valley Career Center (TVCC) is the chosen resource of thousands of job seekers. We provide the guidance, resources and information to help you make a successful transition from one job to the next. Whatever the occupation and in whatever industry. And we have developed a dynamic network of people who share the same goal: attaining gainful employment.
At TVCC, you have access to a multitude of free resources that allow you to connect with fellow job seekers and employers while advancing your personal search, such as:
- One-on-One Career Counseling: Our team of career counselors, mentors and job development professionals will meet with you individually to help guide you to success. In order to access this feature of our career center, you must first attend one of our Virtual Orientations.
- Workshops: TVCC hosts a wide variety of workshops at the Career Center and throughout the Tri-Valley every week on topics geared to helping you succeed in today’s job market. Check out our Calendar pages for the monthly schedule.
- Tip Sheets: Access to over 20 downloadable Tip Sheets covering all phases of your job search, and a bi-monthly newsletter with additional tips and guidance.
- Newsletters: Sign up to receive our monthly newsletter to stay connected and in-the-know regarding our services and hiring events.
- Job Clubs: Job Clubs are a proven strategy for connecting with fellow job seekers while advancing your personal search. TVCC Job Clubs meet twice a week and everyone is welcome.
- Work Space: Get out of your home office and work at ours. We offer a physical space with computers, internet, Wi-Fi and printers for conducting your job search and connecting with like-minded people.
- Hiring Events: The BEST way to find a job in today’s market is interacting with others through networking to connect with someone in a company who can refer you. TVCC hosts hiring events you can attend for free where you can meet the hiring managers personally. Check out our Events Page for more information.
- Typing Tests: We offer typing tests with certification. It is a 5 minute typing test, it is $10, and takes about 30 minutes. It calculates gross and net speed, gross and net keystrokes, number of errors, and percentage of errors. You get two attempts and whichever is the better one is the one we put on your certificate. You don’t need to make an appointment, you can come any time during our business hours.
- Employer Connections: Our extensive employer network includes hundreds of local companies. Is one of them your next employer? We provide direct referrals and host hiring events to help you meet them, and resources to help you develop or expand your own network.
- Training/Education: Interested in updating your job skills to land that next interview? We may be able to help. TVCC has a limited amount of federal dollars to fund short-term training opportunities and we partner with a number of organizations offering low- or no-cost trainings.