VITA Free Tax Preparation With Tri-Valley Career Center
Tax Year 2020 was delayed by IRS and started February 12, 2021
For Families with Income Less Than $75,000
Tri-Valley Career Center will continue to offer in-person Drop-off /Pick-up services for your 2020 taxes. Bring your tax documents to our drop-off location for review with an IRS Certified Volunteer, then return the following week to sign and pickup your returns. We will e-file the returns on your behalf.
Virtual Services are available for taxpayers who qualify for VITA services and are able to submit their tax documents electronically. These 100% virtual services are conducted without in-person contact and can be accessed through the IRS website: GetYourRefund.org
NEW TAX SERVICE LOCATION!
This year our drop-off site is located at:
Dublin Professional Center
7600 Dublin Boulevard
Dublin, CA 94568
Located at the corner or Golden Gate Drive and Dublin Boulevard
Easy Drop-off & Pick-up Services
Tax services will be performed on Wednesdays, by appointment only. You can drop-off your tax documents on Wednesday and return the following Wednesday to sign the completed returns. We will e-file on your behalf.
Drop-Off: February 10 – April 7, from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Pick-Up: February 17 – April 14, from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- We will conduct a thorough interview to avoid missing information.
- We will keep your tax documents to prepare your tax returns.
- It will take about one week to have your return finalized.
To Get Started
- Make an Appointment
- Prepare for the Appointment
- Go to The Drop-off Appointment
- Bring original photo ID to prove your identity such as CA drivers license, passport, etc.
- Bring copies of your photo ID and Social Security cards for everyone on the tax return, including children. We will match the copies against your originals.
- Bring all tax documents listed in the What to Bring List. If in doubt, bring it anyway.
- Wait one week while we prepare and check your tax returns
- As an IRS-certified VITA site, your return will be prepared by one VITA volunteer and quality reviewed by another VITA volunteer.
- When your tax returns are ready for review, you will receive a phone call from the Quality Reviewer to schedule a telephone or Zoom call to review and approve your returns.
- Return to pick up your documents and copies of tax returns
- This will typically be one week after drop-off, but it may be longer if we need to wait for additional documents or information.
- At the pick-up, we will return all original documents, all copies you made for us, and provide copies of your tax returns.
- You will be asked to sign the e-file authorization forms required for us to e-file tax returns on your behalf.
Please Note: We depend on you to provide the required information and documents needed to prepare complete and accurate returns. You have the final responsibility for the income tax returns and, therefore, you should review them carefully before you sign the e-file authorization. We are not responsible for the inclusion of doubtful deductions or inadequately supported documentation, nor for resulting taxes, penalties, or interest.
You must follow all Safety Requirements
Due to COVID-19 health restrictions, we have modified our tax preparation services in order to continue serving our community. The above protocol has been reviewed and approved. We must adhere to the protocols as outlined and follow all State Safety Requirements. With this in mind, you are required to respect and follow these safety guidelines:
- Do not come to your appointment if you are sick (fever, cough)
- Do not come to your appointment if you have had contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14-days
- Keep a safe distance of at least 6-feet apart
- Wear a face mask at all times
- Use hand sanitizer at all times
- Contact us if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms within a week of your appointment
For questions, please contact us at (925)416-5100
To find a VITA site close to your area, call the United Way helpline by dialing: 2-1-1