While some positions and industries are indeed suffering, there are also many companies hiring right now, according to career advice writer Elvira Veksler (Who’s hiring and how to get hired during the Coronavirus pandemic). Veksler says that government-related, customer service and warehouse workers, package handlers, accountants, and healthcare workers are all still very much in demand in terms of coronavirus jobs hiring. Industries that are hiring include:
- Healthcare: Not all positions in healthcare are on the front lines. Companies like UnitedHealth Group, CVS Health, and Bristol-Myers Squibb have openings for internal positions, including some jobs like customer service that can be done from home.
- Remote meeting and communication companies: Many employees are discovering they prefer working from home, and companies are starting to see some of the advantages of remote work, such as cutting costs. Companies like Zoom and Microsoft (which runs Microsoft Teams) have been seeing a lot of success and are in hiring mode.
- Online learning companies: Now is a great time for people to brush up on their existing skills or develop new ones. Many platforms offering online courses are looking to add new team members. Educational technology company Coursera is currently hiring for several open positions around the country.
- Shipping and delivery companies: People have been ordering online more than before, which led Amazon to announce that it would be hiring 100,000 new employees to fulfill its delivery needs.
- Tech companies: Tech companies are in hiring mode as they move to take advantage of a world shifting increasingly to digital as a result of the coronavirus.
- Retail: Dollar General, Walmart and CVS Health have all announced they are hiring up to 50,000 new employees. 7-Eleven said it would hire 20,000 new employees, with Domino’s not far behind with 10,000 workers.
Visit the Tri-Valley Career enter Job Board to search for current job openings or to post your resume and find your next local job.
Other online sources for local job opening include LinkedIn: Here’s who’s hiring right now and Indeed, which features an extensive list of job openings in the Tri-Valley area.